Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Football

I grew up in a small New England town. My graduating class was like 47 people. Needless to say we did not have a football team.

Then I went to a college, we  had a football team, but not a WINNING football team. So the school never really got into it, except when we played Bentley. 

I used to watch the NFL or college games with my Dad and imagine what it would be like to CARE that much about a sport.

Now that we live down south in arguably the biggest football loving state in the world. Football is THRUST upon me like religion, fried food, and bless your heart.

It's actually pretty funny because everyone just ASSUMES you care. IN fact, I think they can't imagine a  person who really doesn't. Even my husband, someone who I used to FORCE to watch the Patriot's in the  Superbowl has become well versed  in football. He almost has to in order to have any sort of conversation with his patients and colleagues.

So by virtue of where we live, our son will have to be into football. He certainly has the genetics to be big enough, and if you ask him he'll tell you.. "If you're going to live in the South, you have to play football"

2 comments:

  1. I have no words. NO WORDS! I adore football and I know how you um,....didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are back! I have missed you. And I hear ya about football... Oregon loves their Ducks.

    ReplyDelete